About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Brittany. Welcome to my little blog. I am a 23 year old mom, military wife, & optimist. My husband is Justin, and he is in the USCG. We have the sweetest baby boy named Grayson. I enjoy the finer things in life.. such as a $6 bottle of wine and bad reality T.V. Quite frankly, life is good.

Followers

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

36 weeks

Dear Grayson,

    I can't believe I am already 36 weeks (+6 days!) pregnant with you. Everyone has been saying from the beginning to savor every moment, and that pregnancy will fly by. That was hard to believe at first. It seemed to inch by as we waited for our first ultrasound, to hear your heart beat for the first time, to find out your gender, and so on. Now, I am really feeling the truth behind their advice. I feel like it was just yesterday we found out we were expecting you. We were both nervous and so excited to be embarking on this brand new journey that would lead us to you. Now, I am full term with you tomorrow, when I hit 37 weeks. It's crazy how time flies by.
    The quickness of it all really hit me in this past week or so. At my last check up with our midwife, at about 35 weeks +5 days, she told me that she is hoping I go into labor right around 37 weeks. I believe her exact words were "next week" at first. I had to do a double take and ask her to repeat herself. That's when she pointed out that you were a big baby already, and that 37 weeks was full term. So she's hoping I go right around then. Of course, I have known 37 weeks is full term since before I was pregnant. But hearing her say that really put everything into perspective. We could be meeting you next week. After all this waiting, you really could almost be here.
    The following day, we had an ultrasound to check your position and growth. At our previous ultrasound, you were in a breech position, which is when your head is up by my ribs instead of down by my pelvis. When a baby stays that way, it results in c-section. I was terrified of this. I'm scared of all things medical, but in a way excited for birth as I have come to accept that is what my body is meant to do. A c-section, I have not been able to come to terms with. It still terrifies me. We went in with fingers crossed, and first thing she does is check your head, which was down by my pelvis. You are in position and ready to go! We were so very happy. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean I won't end up needing a c-section for some reason, but at least gives me the normal chance at a vaginal delivery. That's all I can ask for. In the end, though, it only matters that you arrive safely.
    The ultrasound techs can't disclose any results to you, but thankfully your Dad had a very good view of the screen. You were measuring about 7.5 lbs! You are pretty much full grown, as well as in position. That just gives me so much more faith that we will be meeting you sooner than later. I had my next appointment today, in which our midwife told me you are measuring in the 90th percentile. That means that you are bigger than 90% of babies at this point in pregnancy. No wonder she is hoping you come soon! You are such a big boy! I'm okay with that though. Chubby babies are the cutest. :)
    Your Dad is getting SO excited! Every time we talk about you he says, "I just can't wait for him to be here." It's the sweetest thing. He really is so eager to hold you, and so am I. He is ready as a first time Dad can be. He knows what I'm talking about when it comes to all the weird birth and labor terms. He even paid complete attention to the videos of live births in the birthing class we took. Your Dad is going to be so amazing with you, I just know it. We are hoping to meet you next week. Even though this pregnancy has flown by, it still feels like we have waited forever to meet you. Stay in as long as you need to, but don't keep us waiting too long baby boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment