About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Brittany. Welcome to my little blog. I am a 23 year old mom, military wife, & optimist. My husband is Justin, and he is in the USCG. We have the sweetest baby boy named Grayson. I enjoy the finer things in life.. such as a $6 bottle of wine and bad reality T.V. Quite frankly, life is good.

Followers

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

32 weeks.

Dear Grayson,

    32 weeks was definitely a week to remember! Not only did your Grandma and great Aunt Anne come to visit, but we also had our baby shower, and got to see you with a 3D/4D ultrasound! It was almost too much fun for one week(or weekend, rather) to contain.
    You kicked your Grandma the first night she got into town. She was so happy. Usually, you don't like to move much for anyone aside from your Daddy. But, the second she put her hand on my belly, you gave her a swift (loving) kick! You must love her tons already, and I know she loves you! She is already spoiling you rotten. She got you some really cute clothes, your crib, and made you the sweetest blanket which I'm sure you will have for years to come. Between your Grandma and Granny, you will surely be spoiled by love!
    The baby shower was such an amazing time. We had it at your aunt Michele's house. Granny, Aunt Michele, and Amy planned it. They did an amazing job. It was so cutely decorated, and the food was delicious! I'm so happy Grandma and Aunt Anne were able to come out for the shower. So many of Mommy's friends and of course our family came to celebrate you. Let me tell you something, Grayson. You are already surrounded by SO much love. You really are one lucky baby, and I am the luckiest Mommy. We played fun games, took silly photos, ate yummy food, and talked and laughed for hours. & It was all in celebration of you. I couldn't have asked for a better day.
    The next day, we went to have a 3D/4D ultrasound done so we could see you. Thankfully, your Grandma's flight wasn't until much later. She was able to come, as well as your Granny, Auntie Maddi, and of course Daddy. It was definitely one of the most amazing days in our pregnancy so far. (Yes, I know. I have said that about many days. But you know what? Pregnancy IS amazing and every little monument with you has been life changing!) The man and woman who worked at InfantSee 3d were SO nice. It made me think of what an amazing job that probably is.. To watch people see their sweet babies all day long. Wow! Anywho, you can tell the gentleman who did ours really loved his job. He was too funny, and reminded me of an overly excited sportscaster or something. He described every little thing he did, and every little thing we were seeing. I loved that.
   You had your hand and foot in front of your face. You kept playing with them, as well as your umbilical cord. I said it about your last ultrasound and I'll say it again, you take after your dad. You don't like pictures! We positioned me a bunch of weird ways, pushed and tapped on my belly to get you to move. Even the process of trying to get a better shot of your face was amazing. I absolutely love looking at every teeny tiny feature of yours. Your little fingers, and feet. Your belly, and heart. Your big lips, and the chubbiest cheeks. You did move eventually, and we got to see your face. Oh my goodness, that face absolutely took my breath away. You are so handsome, and already the absolute cutest baby I have ever seen. Your Granny was crying, your auntie was smiling, and your Grandma had a look of pure joy in her eyes. And your Daddy... Wow. He was just in complete awe. His jaw was dropped almost the entire time. It makes me love him even more to see how much he loves you. It was completely surreal to see you. We saw you in 3d before, but this time you are almost completely developed. We saw what you are going to look like, what you already look like. I keep looking at your pictures over and over again thinking, "That's my baby, this is our son." I use the word surreal WAY too much since I became pregnant, but it really is the best word to describe it.
    I can't wait even more to meet you now. Having an idea of what you look like just makes it that much more of a reality that in 8 short, short weeks, you will be here! With those pouty lips, and those chunky cheeks... Just waiting to be covered in kisses. We love you so much, handsome boy.







No comments:

Post a Comment