About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Brittany. Welcome to my little blog. I am a 23 year old mom, military wife, & optimist. My husband is Justin, and he is in the USCG. We have the sweetest baby boy named Grayson. I enjoy the finer things in life.. such as a $6 bottle of wine and bad reality T.V. Quite frankly, life is good.

Followers

Sunday, June 9, 2013

&So it begins..

Dear Grayson,  

    Today was quite bittersweet for this mama. You crawled for the very first time! It was incredible. I was walking upstairs to get some of your tiny baby clothes to sort and pack away, and your Dad yelled, "he just crawled!!" I had missed it, but you moved each arm and each leg forward, and had begun to crawl. I immediately ran downstairs and sat on the other side of the room from you and Daddy. "Come on Grayson! Come to Mommy! You can do it!" You looked at me with your proud little smile. Lower jaw slightly pushed out, almost, just barely biting your bottom lip. Then, you began to crawl towards me. Slowly but surely, you would bring one knee forward, one hand forward. Your other knee, your other hand. You crawled until you got just close enough to sort of dive towards me. You probably thought I was crazy because I had burst into tears, and was shouting that you did it! We were so very proud of you. Your Daddy was beaming from ear to ear. It truly was an amazing moment for us, as parents, to watch our baby boy learn such a monumental milestone. Afterwards, I tried to catch you on camera. Of course, you did not oblige and just wanted to play with Hurley.

    A little while after crawling, you just played with your little green bucket that you love so much as I continued to pack up your baby clothes. Your little brown pants, the first little onesie(a blue polo witha  crab on it) that we ever bought you, your tiny 3 month moose onesies that you wore constantly as a newborn... all packed away neatly not to be seen or adored again for many years to come. I cried again then, just a little bit. Not only had I watched you conquer that huge milestone earlier, but now I was packing away all these tiny clothes you once wore. It really felt quite symbolic to me, as if I was packing away those little pieces of our lives together to be kept safely as memories.

   Also, just a couple of days ago, you stood up on your own for the very first time! You had yourself in crawling position, with one hand on my leg and the other holding that bucket of yours. You then pushed your booty in the air, which got a giggle from your Mama! Out of nowhere, you pushed on my leg and stood up! It was amazing, and completely unexpected. You had your hands in the air, grasping your bucket. It was only a second before you fell on your booty, but that second made me burst into the happiest of tears. Sure, it is a little bitter in the fact that you are getting more independent and are no longer my newborn. But oh, it is so, so very sweet to watch you learn and grow. We love you so much!!

With Love,
Your Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment