About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Brittany. Welcome to my little blog. I am a 23 year old mom, military wife, & optimist. My husband is Justin, and he is in the USCG. We have the sweetest baby boy named Grayson. I enjoy the finer things in life.. such as a $6 bottle of wine and bad reality T.V. Quite frankly, life is good.

Followers

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Icky stuff.

    Being a mother changes you in so many beautiful ways. I could go on and on about the positive changes in my life since we welcomed my sweet boy into this world. However, this post is a bit more about the less beautiful and magical things. This post is more about, well, the nasty things.

Grayson eating spinach for the first time. Messy boy!

    I am very easily grossed out by many, many things. When I was a child(and ever since), I was the only person in my family to remind everyone of what was and wasn't appropriate dinner conversation. The thought of drool or something secreting from the body while I was eating would easily make me lose my appetite, and sometimes, what I had already eaten. Actually, I once would have gagged over the word "secreting." Becoming a mother has changed that.

    At least every other day, I realize a spit-up stain on my clothes and don't really bat an eye at it. This is not to say I have completely let myself go, and am walking around all day covered in baby fluids... but I'm not saying I haven't gone a whole day in baby stained clothes either. A spit up stain would have once made me freak out, and immediately go home to get a change of clothes. But now, I will go almost the entire day without even noticing. When I do, my reaction is almost the opposite of a "freak out." I think to myself, "when did that get there?!" and reach into my desk for a wipe. Honestly, sometimes I just leave it! These little things are just no longer a big deal to me.

    I have no problem sitting on the floor, playing with my son, soaked with drool. Without a thought I will wipe his little waterfall of drool with my hand, and then wipe it off on my jeans. Whenever we are out with childless friends, people will constantly point out that he is drooling. They will offer a napkin, or get quite concerned when my shoulder is wet with drool. "Oh no! He drooled on your shoulder! Do you want my Tide pen?" While very sweet, I can't help but chuckle in my head whenever this happens!

    Now, if you are reading this before hitting the amazing stage of your life that is parenthood, you are probably thinking I am a disgusting person. One day, when you have children, you will understand. You will pick their nose. You will wipe their drool without a tissue. You will get thrown up and spit up on numerous, numerous times. You will find that the color and consistency of poop makes it way into everyday conversation. And yes, you will laugh at the things that once grossed you out back before you met the little stinker that made your life complete.

With Love,
Brittany Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment