About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Brittany. Welcome to my little blog. I am a 23 year old mom, military wife, & optimist. My husband is Justin, and he is in the USCG. We have the sweetest baby boy named Grayson. I enjoy the finer things in life.. such as a $6 bottle of wine and bad reality T.V. Quite frankly, life is good.

Followers

Monday, June 3, 2013

Little Things.

I am definitely one of those people who gets super excited over the smallest and silliest of things. Some might argue that getting happy over "stupid" little stuff is ridiculous. To those people I say, "sorry about your life sucking." To me, life is made complete by all the little wins throughout my day. I thought it would be fun to document these little things that make me smile. Plus, this is another excuse for me to make a list every now and then. Who doesn't love a good list? I mean, really people. Which leads me to number one...

Yeah, so what if I have plans to make a list on my list?

1.) Crossing things off of a to-do list. Bonus: a COMPLETELY crossed off list. Sometimes, I'll add things I have already accomplished prior to creating that days list, just so I can cross it off. 

2.) Front row parking at Trader Joe's. Actually, front row parking anywhere. But today, it was Trader Joe's. &I walked out of that hippie-land with my Veggie & Flaxseed tortilla chips feeling like a total boss.

3.) Flipping up my visor after having it down too long. Okay, this might seem odd, but stay with me. You are driving for a good while during the day. The sun is all up in your grill, but your visor is doing it's job flipped down. Finally, the sun retreats behind the trees and you can flip that bad boy back up. &Suddenly, you can see again! The world is so large, and there is so much to take in! Next time this happens to you, try not to get made at your visor for blocking your view. Remember, it is just doing it's job and blocking that rude ass sun.

The beginning of what grew into a very large, first thing in the morning smile.

4.) When my baby wakes up with a smile on. Any parent knows that sometimes children wake up happy, and sometimes they do not. It completely makes my day when I get to see my son wake up, and that sleepy smile creeps onto his face. It's a more beautiful sight then any lame-o sunrise.

5.)  Lighting a brand new candle. I'm a candle junkie. I love them. Ones that smell of vanilla, baked goods, or hazelnut are my favorite. That first time you light a brand new candle, and it kind of takes a second because the wick is so new. Then, the wax coating drips away and it sparks just a bit. Another little win for the day.

I could go on and on, but I think I'll break this up into a weekly thing. Until then, enjoy the little things!!

With Love,
Brittany Danielle.

No comments:

Post a Comment